Andrew joined HSR Law from DLA Piper in 2002, became Partner in 2005 and Senior Partner in 2020.
Andrew has years of experience in advising businesses, companies, and partnerships on their commercial contracts.
Andrew is the head of HSRLaw’s Corporate and Commercial team, which he has lead from 2002. He became a partner at HSR Law in 2005. He read Law at Leicester and the Université de Strasbourg. He qualified as a Solicitor in 2001 at DLA Piper, having spent his training contract between Irwin Mitchel and DLA Piper.
Andrew commonly helps business owners to buy sell and invest in UK businesses. He also drafts and reviews commercial contracts for businesses. Andrew has an extensive network of business contacts so his clients can always receive the best advice.
Areas of Specialism
- Corporate law, advising on the sale and purchase of UK companies and Businesses.
- EOT’s Employee Ownership Trusts, advising business owners whether an EOT is appropriate for them, how to give them the best chance of success. HSR Law is a member of the Employee Ownership Association.
- Shareholder Agreements, articles of association and partnership agreements. Helping business draft clear terms governing the relationship between the owners and providing mechanisms to deal with disputes.
- Commercial contracts. These contracts can be a businesses’ biggest asset. However, if they are not written, or are incorrectly written, it can decrease the value of a business to a buyer, and unnecessarily increase the risk to a business.
- Andrew’s clients appreciate his calm, honest and balanced approach.
- In 2023, Andrew completed on a capital reduction demerger of a group of companies to remove property from the target group, followed by the sale of the trading company to an EOT, the directors of the target being granted EMI options to incentivise the leadership team post completion. The deal was complex, and the client based in the South West.
- Selling the assets of a UK company to two Buyers simultaneously, one in France and one in the UK.
- Selling a group of care homes to a national buyer.
- Merging 2 GP Practices.
- Member of the Employee Ownership Association